Of Hope and Despair.


I was standing | at the horizon,
                        I saw a spark | in the sea,
                                               a shimmer broke | on my face,
                                                                           gleaming rays touched and stayed |
it was daybreak.



I tasted light | with the sunshine,
                     came hope riding | on the morning dew,
                                                  a new beginning shone | wiping tears of the night,
                                                                                       a phoenix rose, in the air, the sun  |
a change of heart.
.
.

.
.
I smelled salt | the blood red sky,
                      making the ocean bleed | bringing a drifting chill,
                                                            the cold numb air came | brushed my frame,
                                                                                                  a wave of commotion, melancholy |
in the twilight.


I pushed hard | with moonlit hands,
                        I clutched my chest | in a solitary corner,
                                                        a bird had died, burned | accepting the fate,
                                                                                              of despair and desolation with a smile |
and my life went.

_________________________________________________________________________________

I was standing....it was daybreak |
I tasted light, a change of heart |
I smelled salt in the twilight |
I pushed hard and my life went..|

Comments

  1. This is your best till now Usama. Fabulous display of emotions.
    Made me think and imagine how your mood was while stitching this despondent yet amazing piece. You should write more often. You never cease to inspire me Usama. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Rachit. I actually had to try so that it'd be readable both in a line and between the 'pipes(|)' with a different meaning in each case.
      Excuse me for being all braggy about it, couldn't stop myself... ;)

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful use of metaphors, and such amazing expressions!
    I absolutely loved your poetry..
    Keep up the good work! :)

    Saloni..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for liking it Saloni. Its always great to receive a positive feedback from a stranger. ;)
      Loved your blog too. Keep writing!

      Delete
  3. I had missed this! THIS is GOOD :D Please please please write a poem again! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashna. It is one of my favourites!! ^_^
      I'll sure post a poem soon, keep a look out for it ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd be glad to hear from you. Type in this form. :)