Reflection

He's a hypocrite, yes that man
lie and pretend, that he can
but to self sir, not to clan


Lives he in dreams, flies he on boats
contradictions always, fill on his notes


Never his mind focused, never coapt 
for each thing assumes, he is so apt
asserts thus himself, he can easily adapt


Avoids he my eyes, or tries to seel
and tries his best to hide, conceal


But I see in him, and I understand
he made it so big, sure it looks grand
but it's just a fortress, made of sand


And there's not one place, where he belongs
if he choose not one place, where he belongs


I can only hence, give a suggestion
to see him change, make a correction
no more I can do, I am just a reflection




P.S: You might get annoyed reading the above lines because they don't mean anything, intermittently change in flow and style and does a lot more to make the reader irritated. I don't know what I just wrote.

Comments

  1. The bittersweet quality Usama possesses is that he leaves the reader to carve out his own meaning from his post by ending mostly all of them with "I don't know what I just wrote."

    Well even I don't know what you wrote, I am no one to give a name to it but I am pretty sure that it's your heart which has made these letters to words and it's just that which matters. I ain't gonna disclose what meaning I made out of this verse but just that I loved it!

    And reflection is my favourite word! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may look like a copied line, but your comment completes the posts I do. And this is one of those comments.

      Thanks for reading this and being able to make something out of it. Peace. :D

      Delete
  2. I found this poem so different...
    I believe a poet has the right to play with words..
    he has the right to change the laws of grammar..
    I do that too, a lot of times.. till the time it makes sense to you, it's perfect :)
    Saloni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton for those encouraging words Saloni. They do mean a lot. :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd be glad to hear from you. Type in this form. :)