Custom Awards


Ladies and gentlemen, the time has come to finally give some awards to fellow bloggers. The wait has been quite long, and for me actually, because I've been wanting to give an award to some awesome bloggers for a long time, and who I feel definitely deserve an award a month. Okay, maybe not each month, but their talent and writings absolutely command some appreciation which should be shown in some better manner than 'OMG! You are so good. I am a fan' sort of exclamation. :P

So, here I am, trying to show my appreciation for the public service two of my fellow bloggers have been doing for months(years actually) now and happen to be amazing writers in their own different but equally wonderful styles. I'll elaborate on it later in the post. Let me talk about the awards first.

The awards that I'll be giving are not like, part of a chain, where you receive an award and have to forward to 7 others who you deem fit for the same. Rather, I've tried to make custom awards and that is the main reason why it took me so long to actually do the job. And no, I am not going to include the procrastination part in the excuses list. The reason I made the awards myself, is that I wanted them to be something which reflected how I actually see those blogs.

So now, with the sound of the drum roll :just imagine there's a drum roll in the background: and without any further suspense, let me announce the names. Here they are,


- Ashna Banga @ Pages from a Young Diary :

I've named it the Morning Sunshine Blog award, because frankly, that's how most of the blog posts are to me. Like the morning sunshine. Refreshing, and which makes you feel lively and positive. That's how associate with this blog.

It is one of the first blogs I've started following and is one of my favorites. It has stayed the way it was, with it's unique charm. It's another matter that evil forces have tried to break and interfere with the blogger's hobby, but she still stays undefeated. :)

Oh, and I forgot. I've got some questions below, which she and the next blogger will have to answer, as an acceptance speech. And no excuses there. Which takes us to the next blogger, which is,



- Saloni Chaudhary @ Onomatopoeia :

As is obvious by the photo here, Onomatopoeia is a Portal, it's like a door, a blog door to another world, or more precisely, to another me.

The poems, the posts, at Saloni's blog make you think about things you don't, normally. They really take you into another world. At least they take me. And I  just love the blog for this thing.

There is a different sort of 'air', as I'd say on that blog and whenever I go and read something there, I am impressed, each single time. That's how it is.

I can do all praise about how good these blogs are, but it'll be better if you go and check them out yourself. So, do that.

Now, on to the questions. These are the same I asked Rachit from Sentimientos in an earlier post.


- Name one superpower you'd definitely like to have, if you could.
- An amazing clear-water sunset beach with cool breeze & exotic fruit trees OR a beautiful green hillside with a landscape of close cropped gardens & a breathtaking waterfall, choose.
- Are you a morning person? If not, would you rather be one?
- Do you read books? If yes, which one took you longest to complete?
- You have a time machine, you can't change your past, which year would you like to go to and why?
- If you're given an option of getting one post from your blog published in a magazine or a journal, which one would it be?
- Is your blog a window to the world or a window to your self?


I suppose that wraps it up. It's longer than I expected, but then it wouldn't really be a trademark randomized post if it's not long. Thanks for reading. :D


P.S : The Images above belong to Sarah Bourque and Dmitri Fomin

Comments

  1. This is definitely one of those surprises that make you happy no end! :D Thank you so much!! For all those wonderful words. I'm glad you like it so much! It's you who deserves an award a month, by the way ;)
    I laughed at the mention of those evil forces. People like you encourage me, and hence I persist! :D Thanks! I love those questions and I'm dying to answer them! Will post them asap!

    Thanks again Usama! You're awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Ashna. I was overwhelmed by your quick post. Thanks for answering those questions so frankly. :D
      You're awesome-est. ;)

      Delete
  2. Somethings in life have kept me away from blogging all this while. You must have noticed that I no longer comment on blogs, and haven't updated my own blog in a long time..
    But first an award by Ashna, and now by you, are making me so guilty about this unplanned sabbatical from the blogging world that I almost feel like breaking down..
    Thank you so so much Usama, for this lovely expression of acknowledging my writings. I really really appreciate it a lot.. :)
    I have a reason to post something on my blog now.. and I will definitely do that soon :)
    Thank you once again.. you really made me happy today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad this little post played a part in ending your unplanned sabbatical Saloni. You completely deserve this and many more awards. :D

      And thanks for taking part in the award winning ceremony. It was nice to know more about you. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd be glad to hear from you. Type in this form. :)