50 Questions | Introspection

Yesterday, I came around a post by Aaekay, one of my fellow bloggers where she had answered a little questionnaire which she found on Me's (another fellow blogger) blog, who in turn had found it on a really nice blog about .... well, life. 


The original post on the blog reads '50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind'. Now since, I can totally use some clearing up tips for my mind right now, I couldn't wait at answering those questions myself. So, let's get on with them.


- - - - -  ***  - - - - -

1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? 
21. I think it would be a great age to stay on forever for me.

2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? 
How can you know if you never try.

3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? 
Because life is a balanced scale of dreams and reality.

4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? 
To me, yes I would've said more than done. To others, no.

5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? 
Greed. It stems every single evil in the world today.

6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? 
To be honest and without any show off, helping others would make me most rich.

7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
I am doing what I believe in, but I have a lot of holding on to do with it.

8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? 
If I had to start now. I'd pack a large packet of determination, squeeze in some courage, leave some unimportant things like try-to-be-rich out of the list and head on to do things I have to do.

9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? 
If we count some crucial turns of life, about 75%.

10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? 
I try to do the right things, but I guess I sometimes obsess too much on doing them right.

11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do?
Tell them not to judge people over their own perceptions. Moreover, I don't think I would admire or respect anyone who is capable of doing such things.

12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? 
Trust God.

13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? 
Depends. If it's saving from failing in an exam, I probably won't.

14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? 
I don't remember I have.

15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? 
Think about stuff. Dream.

16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? 
Happiness is relative, mostly.

17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?  What’s holding you back?  
Mountaineering. Many reasons.

18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Yes. Not a person.

19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? 
While I completely love the wonderful, beautiful and diverse(in every sense) city that I live in, I'd definitely want to move to a less polluted and dusty place. With loads of greenery.

20. Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? 
No. Though, I've heard that there is a nitro boost mechanism set in to make the elevator ultra-fast when you push the elevator button with your hand crossed under one of your legs so that you are standing on one foot and the other one is hanging by your hand in the air, I haven't tried it yet.

21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? 
I'd rather be the latter.

22. Why are you, you? 
Because of my unique DNA?

23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? 
Yes. I suppose so.

24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? 
I haven't experienced the first case, so I can't say for sure.

25. What are you most grateful for? 
I am grateful for the gift of choice. 

26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? 
I'd rather lose all of my old memories.

27. Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
Yes. Sometimes.

28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? 
No.

29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now? 
Now? No.

30. What is your happiest childhood memory?  What makes it so special? 
The mornings in my old house when I was a kid. About when I was in primary school. I specially loved the Eid mornings, everyone around you would be happy and relaxed and everybody looked their best that day.

31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? 
Towards the end of my final year in college last year.

32. If not now, then when? 
Never.

33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? 
Time. I am not confident enough.

34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? 
Yes. To some extent.

35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? 
Because they are not all alike. And that creates differences.
  
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
Yes. Sometimes.

37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? 
I don't have a job right now. But I would still say no.

38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? 
More.

39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? 
Yes.

40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? 
I am doing that right now.

41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?  
I live with my parents, so if I had to choose just one person, it would be my grandmother(maternal).

42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
No. But I'd definitely want to reduce it by that amount if it's going to be anything beyond 70.

43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? 
Contentment.

44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? 
Now, my Lord.

45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? 
Because sometimes, we do not learn from our mistakes.

46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? 
I won't think and retrospect in between doing things.

47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? 
Last night.

48. What do you love?  Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? 
I love writing, thinking, cooking, walking etc. Yes and No.

49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday?  What about the day before that?  Or the day before that? 
I don't know.

50. Decisions are being made right now.  The question is:  Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? 
I am making them for myself, but even that comes with heavy baggage. Because when you make your own decisions, you have a responsibility to deliver even when you don't know what's at the other end of the tunnel.

- - - - -  ***  - - - - -

Whoa, that was something. Hope you find the answers interesting and honest. ;)  Thanks for reading. And a big thanks to AaeKay and Me, sorry I just lifted them without letting you know.

Comments

  1. whoa..that was some honest Q n A session :)

    It was a pleasure knowing you Usama....I loved your 8th answer the most:

    If I had to start now. I'd pack a large packet of determination, squeeze in some courage, leave some unimportant things like try-to-be-rich out of the list and head on to do things I have to do.

    This Q and A is so fab na... no wonder I love Marc and Angel's blog so much they have some amazing things to realise. I am glad you enjoyed doing it :)

    P.S: You don't need to be sorry at all....this was a pleasant surprise along with the lovely comment you left! Thanks a ton <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Me :D umm.. thoda dramatic ho gaya na wo wala :P

      And yeah, I loved that blog. I didn't have much time so I read just the latest one, but it was really good so I am going to return and thank them for making such a wonderful blog. :)

      Delete
  2. Loved reading and knowing the writer! ;)

    Perfect answers: 3, 5, 12, 32, 43, 46, 49

    Self introspection is perhaps a very difficult thing to do. You made a choice for it. I hope you succeeded in achieving the purpose with which it was done.

    A song which I remembered as I read through: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgDNCmGr-Q4

    Happy World Aids day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, that song was amazing, err.. no other would fit it for me. I was surprised at how much I liked it. Thank you very much. :D

      Self introspection is yes a little difficult, if you don't decide you are going to have fun with it(I don't know if it makes sense :P). But thanks again, and Happy World Aids Day... belated. ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow! Beautiful answers! I loved 8 and 50. It was fabulous getting to know you through your crisp and straight answers!
    There's no need to be sorry :) Thanks for trying them! It must have felt great :)

    Take care! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, you liked 50.. thank you so much for that alone. And yeah, it felt awesome, the session.

      Thanks Abinaya. Hey, I dunno if I have asked this earlier but, would you prefer if I called you AaeKay instead. Do let me know.

      God bless. :D

      Delete
    2. Either way should do Usama! Don't worry! :)

      Delete
  4. Loved these totally honest answers! In most of them it seems it's "yes! That's precisely right" :) I mean, there are some things you read that you want to believe, that you know are right. Many of your answers gave me that feeling :)

    Favorite ones: 1,2,3,5, 9 (wow. *respect*), 12, 13, 17, 19!, 20 (hahaha!) and well, all the answers after this. I think you've motivated me enough to do this on my own as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you liked so many? WOW. I was from serious to funny to sensible to really digging in deep through this whole Q&A session. It was fun.

      And I am glad, you feel like writing them yourself. I'm eager to read yours. By the way, I kind of wrote the 12th one pretty seriously :P

      Thanks a lot for the comment Ashna :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd be glad to hear from you. Type in this form. :)